Friday, October 5, 2012

Missing trees



Since there are still a few Bottlebrush trees in flower, I thought I would post these photos. I have enjoyed this sweet entrance with its name and graced by glorious pink bottlebush flowers for a couple of years. Earlier this week I passed it and could not find it!! Around the huge block I went, out into peak traffic and pulled over as I came close to where I thought the tree and entrance should be. There was the entrance, all by itself and as I peered into the yard I could just see above the fence a bare tree trunk, with a slanted slash where its top should have been. Unbelievable.



I have added this companion photo which I had taken, just for fun. This way the tree is enjoyed by us for as long as is possible. It was as though some God said, "Ooo, I will just take this and pop it into my vase back home". Cut. Sob. Something we all do with lovely flowers all the time.



I am putting this one in as well. No relation, just lovely.



A few months ago I did notice that the tree beside this blue entrance was missing. Now with its hibiscus friend gone you notice that some of its roof wood is missing and there is more paint missing. A bit sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment